• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on WMF and would like a 2024 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the  donation.

Thank you for supporting WMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• ussjfkcv67
      still going thought a lot of material from an inherited collection, found this among some other Japanese flags from WWII anyone have an ID on it.
    • ussjfkcv67
      A friend picked up this holster for a $1 at a local flea market, can anyone tell me what weapon its for and the time period. Any help apprciated
    • mvmhm
      No, I thought one of the first pages written in large kanji would have the name of the soldier in the family that the book was presented to.     Mark sends
    • Collector1938
      Manufactured by DWM  
    • Collector1938
      Is this an original example? To which I believe reads: 6th Ersatz Sturm (6./ E), SS Germania (SS G.), Soldier's personal ID# (6696) Thanks
    • us82bravo
      No longer available  -  documents sold elsewhere.   Larry
    • Rakkasan187
      A very detailed explanation of the hat.   I have a nice Artillery Alpini hat and uniform that I traded for my BDUs in the 80s when I went to the Dolomite Mountains for cold weather and mountain training.    Best regards   Leigh 
    • Pinkgoatsarmy
      Hi this is 100% a former alpino hat. The story behind this kind of hat is very pratical and funny. The Alpino hat has for the owner itself a sacred value and is proudly worn both in military service  and civil life. The practical problem come from this civil reunion... yearly a city in Italy is chosen for "Adunata" a massive reunion with hundred thousand of Alpini and population... like a sort of "military Woodstock" with tents and camp in all city park and all green spaces, alpini singing and dancing everywhere and a LOOOOOT OF WINE!!🤣🤣🤣 The real hat can not be used in this celebration because can be lost or forget somewere. This is why the original hat can be substituted with this one ( in italian Cappello da congedante). Can be pre 1975 while the obligatory military service was 15 mont, this is the reason of 15 stars. The green pen holder (nappina in italian) stay for 3rd battalion named "Bassano" of 6th Alpini regiment.   Hope i heped you, and always "W gli Alpini"!!!!    
    • patches
      A 1st Parachute Division Officer at Monte Cassino wearing an SS Smock as we see, without a doubt gotten from the stores of the Hermann Goering Panzer Division
    • TP1953
      Unfortunately, for some reason this is the only picture, and I was wondering myself why they didn't show a photo of the front, but it makes sense now as it is probably post war, as they are marketing it as a WW2 Era letter. Thank you for the help.
    • Proud Kraut
      This is a letter from a person, who offers a collection of letters and photographs of famous WW II generals and pilots, who are listed in the text. The photos have personal dedications and/or original signatures. He mentioned that he was in direct correspondence with several of the listed persons. In the handwritten part he added that he has original signed photographs of Kaiser Wilhelm II. as well as Göring and some other famous German pilots. Since he used the word "damals" (at that time) I think the letter was written postwar. Looks like the reverse of the letter, isn´t there any date on the upper right corner of the front side?
    • TP1953
      Hello, I found this letter for sale, and all the description says is that it is a WW2 German letter, and not much more. It mentions some important figures, so I wanted to hear from youp guys if it is worth bidding on. Thank you.